Friday, October 24, 2008

Pride Dings

Have you ever been in a situation involving another person or group of people where you were left feeling angry, upset, or depressed? I have identified for myself the source of pain associated with those feelings: pride.

"Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee." ~ Ezekiel 28:17

I am committing with the help of the Holy Spirit to see those moments as "pride dings" and get on with life. What a delight it is to cast off oppressive thoughts and walk in love.

Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. ~ Isaiah 26:8

No comments: