Saturday, October 18, 2008

Autumn: crisp air and sweet spices

It's so funny how smells ignite memories. Today I had simply salted popcorn, although it was microwaveable it had the same distinct aroma of stove top popped corn - something my grandmother's sister would make when I was a child. I was very tasty. I may not buy pre-buttered popcorn again! My grandma would always get freshly shelled peanuts from the field and roast them in the oven this time of year. I'm looking forward to getting to the State Farmer's Market to get some peanuts to roast. I'm really digging scratch or semi-homemade cooking. Last night I made my first attempt at chicken pot pie!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I totally know what you mean about the smells and memories! That's a cool observation. We should meet at the Farmer's Market sometime! That place is cool...