Monday, August 11, 2014

An Ode to the Jesus Girls

I have written a few articles for Associated Content/Yahoo Contributor Network over the past few years. Yahoo has stopped operating the site, so I have re-published a few pertinent pieces here.

An Ode to the Jesus Girls

Sophomore and Junior years at university,
I met five girls, curiosities to me.
Shannon, Ashley, Jahan, Danielle and Jennifer were their names,
They were not rude, loud or proud, and of the Gospel not ashamed.

They were not like campus groups who sought to proselytize,
Just five girls who loved God, without any guise.
They danced unto the Lord with grace and purity,
Not as slaves of sin, because Christ Jesus set them free.

They introduced me to our Creator, whom I did not love or think about,
I began to go to church, but my heart was not devout.
At college end God's Spirit broke my stony heart,
It pleased the Lord to use Jesus Girls and others to play a part.

Now, holy women who in God they put their only trust,
Submitting themselves to the One who is always righteous, just.
Young Ladies, look into the perfect law of liberty and continue therein,
And the Lord might be pleased to use you for a soul to win.

I also give honor to Shannon's parents, Erik, Jason + Patricia, and Lindsay.
~
Readers, please share a bit about people who influenced your early walk with Christ in the comments, thanks!

No comments: