Monday, July 20, 2009

Surrendering to the Kingdom of God

No one will ever know me as intimately as my Lord Jesus and conversely, I will never know anyone as well as I can know God, Abba Father. By faith in Jesus, I have forgiveness of sins and unrestricted access to God's mercy seat. The Holy Scriptures reveal God's glorious and unchanging character. The Holy Spirit is a wonderful counselor who transforms me into a new creation filled with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, faith, temperance, and power to be a witness.

I was going to originally call this series, "Surrendering my heart to the Kingdom of God", but I have determined that everything must give way before the demands of the Kingdom of the triune and merciful God: Body, Soul (mind+will+emotions), and Spirit.

Scripture references: Jeremiah 1, Isaiah 56:1-8, Hebrews 1:3, John 14-16, Galatians 5, Matthew 6, Matthew 15:10-20, Romans 8

No comments: