Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to the Basics

I feel that this is a season of being stripped bare. There are so many things I am confronting and grieving over in my heart...anarchy ...arrogance. I have asked the Lord for endurance to stand firm during this time. As a reflect upon the past and think about beginning the 24th year of my life I am yet hopeful. He has already given me far more than I deserve.

The Five Solas of the Protestant Reformation

Sola Scriptura
~ Scripture alone is the standard.

Soli Deo Gloria ~ All for the glory of God alone.

Solo Christo ~ By Christ's work alone we are saved.

Sola Gratia ~ Salvation by grace alone.

Sola Fide ~ Justified by faith alone (a "living" faith, i.e. Hebrews 11).

"'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me.'" (John 14:1)

No comments: